A roof replacement is a big decision, and many homeowners are not sure when it is time to have it done. It is tempting to postpone a roof replacement, but this can lead to serious and expensive issues. Below are some important things you need to know about when it is time for a roof replacement.
- Age – If your roof is over 10 years old, you should definitely have regular inspections. If it is more than 20 years old, then it is definitely time to start thinking and planning for your roof replacement.
- Cracked or bald shingles – Noticeable cracks and bald spots where granules are missing are indications that a roof replacement is in your future.
- Curled edges – If your shingles are curling on the edges, then your roof may be near the end of its life.
- Neighbors are getting new roofs – This isn’t about keeping up with the Joneses. It is pretty typical for homes in the same area to have been built near the same time. So, if your neighbors are having their roofs replaced, then it’s a good idea to check if you need to do the same.
- Dark streaks or looking old – If your roof is visibly looking old, then it probably is old. One problem that can cause your roof to look old is airborne algae that causes dark streaks.
A roof replacement is an important decision that needs to be dealt with before larger problems arise from an old and problematic roof. Here at All American Roofing & Restoration, we offer many years of experience in the roofing industry. Our roofers are experienced, professional, and work quickly to get you your new roof.