The roof is an important part of your home. If you need work done on your roof, then you probably already know that there are many roofing companies to choose from. Hiring a roofer can feel daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. We want to help guide you through the process of hiring a roofer with five helpful questions to ask.
1. Are you licensed? This is an important question to ask, and it should probably be the first question you ask. If a roofer is not licensed, then we highly recommend that you do not hire them. Going through the licensing process helps to ensure that they follow industry standards and will not cut corners.
2. Do you use subcontractors? If the roofing company hires subcontractors to complete the job, then you will want to ensure that the subcontractors are licensed and insured. Also, ask for information about their experience in the field.
3. Will you bring in a refuse container? If you are hiring a roofer to replace a roof, then there is going to be a lot of debris. This is your home and not just a job site. In order to keep your home and property safe and clean it is a good idea to hire a company that is willing to bring in a refuse container for all of the construction debris.
4. Will my roof have a warranty? You should select a roofing company that is going to offer a warranty on your roof. It just makes good sense.
5. Will you provide a written estimate? Knowing what your roof repair or replacement is going to cost is vital to know before you agree to have work done. Your estimate should also include how long it will take to get the job done. Make sure that the cost and timeline will work for your schedule and budget.